A. About this Privacy Statement
Nüvodent is a dental clinic located in Antwerp that aims to provide exceptional comprehensive dental care to its patients.
We at Nüvodent take the protection of your personal data very seriously.
1. Who we are
2. What personal data do we collect and process, why we do so and how long do we keep them for?
3. What rights you have and how you can exercise them
5. With whom we share certain information and why
B. Who are we?
Nüvodent BV (hereinafter "we").
Prins Albertlei 29, 2600 Antwerpen (Belgium)
KBO/ VAT: BE 0650.541.980
Telephone: 03 344 33 32
C. The personal data being processed and the purpose of processing personal data
Consulting our website and/or our services may lead to the collection of personal data. The processing of this data by us, in our capacity as both Controller and Processor, is done in accordance with the Act and the Regulation.
Your personal data is collected by, among other things, filling in the contact form on our website, making use of our services and using cookies.
Besides the processing of your (health) personal data out of necessity for the delivery of our services, we have a number of other legitimate interests that form the basis for the processing of your personal data (see below points 1 and 2). We keep a very close eye on the impact on your privacy and make sure that the balance between our legitimate interests and their possible impact on your privacy is not disturbed. Should you nevertheless have any objections to such processing, you can exercise your right to object (see title E).
The following situations are meant:
2. We may engage in direct marketing to keep you informed about (new) treatments, changes in the Nüvodent team, etc. We will provide this information primarily through email. We also have tools that allow you to choose which emails you want to receive or not. If we want to send you highly personalised advertising, based on combined personal data collected about you, we will ask for your consent. You can withdraw your consent. If you do not wish to receive any advertisements at all, you may object to any form of direct marketing, for example by sending us an e-mail.
You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. (See Title E) The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the prior consent.
E. Your rights are guaranteed
We ensure that you remain in control of your data and that you can always exercise your rights.
You enjoy the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to information, access and inspection: You have the right to be informed at any time, free of charge, about your personal data as well as about the use we make of your personal data.
- The right to rectification, erasure and restriction of processing: You always have the right to ask us to improve, complete or remove your personal data. You may also ask us to limit the processing of your personal data. Other laws that oblige us to keep certain data, however, take precedence over this rule.
- The right to object: You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data processed by us in a structured, accessible and machine-readable form and/or to transfer them to other responsible parties.
- The right to withdraw your consent:
To the extent that the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent.
- The right to complain:
If you do not agree with the way we handle your request, you can contact the data protection authority (Commission for the Protection of Privacy, rue du Mail 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also lodge a complaint there. This is without prejudice to proceedings before a civil court.
If you would suffer damage as a result of the processing of your personal data, you can make a claim for compensation.
The processing of your personal data does not include profiling, nor will you be subject to automated decisions by us. However, this right does not apply where the decision making is 1) necessary to conclude or perform a contract; 2) permitted by law; 3) based on explicit consent.
If you want to exercise your rights or if you have a question or complaint, please send it to: email@example.com. We will request some information from you, such as your identity card, so that we can be sure that no one else is trying to exercise your rights.
F. How long do we keep personal data?
We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with our services and for the legitimate and business purposes listed above.
Of course, we must also take into account legal retention periods and certain data must remain available for the settlement of disputes. Legal claims can be made up to 10 years after the end of a contract.
We will, for example, assess with whom we still have an active relationship that justifies the retention of personal data. If this is no longer the case, we will remove the data from our database.
G. We secure your data and do not pass it on to third parties
We ensure that only individuals can see data that is relevant to fulfilling their tasks, such as communicating with you about the execution and handling of our services.
We do not sell or rent your information to others.
We take internal technical and organizational measures to prevent personal data from coming into the hands of and being processed by unauthorized persons, or from being accidentally altered or destroyed. The premises, the servers, the network, the transfers and the data are strictly secured. We regularly check whether this security level is optimal.
However, this is not an absolute guarantee. For more information or in case of indications of abuse, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For each important content change we will inform you via our website or other channels through which we communicate with you.
For specific questions relating to your privacy, please contact us on: email@example.com.